Thanks for your interest in my work. Let me introduce myself, my name is Alejandra, but I like going by Alex. I was born in Santa Barbara, but I was raised in Ojai, California on a cute farm. I am the youngest of five siblings and an aunt to 10 kiddos! I am also a wife and mom to a silly little three year old girl, Rayne.
My journey to photography began as a young girl with disposable cameras. In high school my dad bought me my very first digital camera and in college I dipped my toes in film photography and took an appreciation to the art even more. I learned composition, manual settings, and film development. My passion with imagery has evolved into a business that allows me to share my art with the world. The fact of being able to capture a couples most important day, or someone’s proposal, graduation, birth, or family is what fuels me. Not to get cheesy, but it is what gives meaning to my life and truly makes me happy.
- I’m only 4’11 and I’m really good at basketball.
- I never skip my coffee in the morning.
- I started a book club (@ojaibookbabes) with my best friend.
- I ride a Honda CRF 125 dirt bike.
- I own a 1993 Ford Bronco.
- I have a one year old German Shepherd/ Black Lab doggy named Enzo.
- My cats name is Kiki (named after Kiki’s Delivery Service).
- My favorite movie is Spirited Away. I love all the Studio Ghibili movies!
- I love dancing like no one is watching.
- I listen to country, jazz, banda, corridos, R&B and reggaeton. My Spotify playlist is a little crazy haha
- Gilmore Girls and The Office are my comfort shows, especially when I’m editing.