Thanks for your interest in my work. Let me introduce myself, my name is Alejandra, but you can call me Alex. I was born in Santa Barbara, but I was raised in Ojai, California on a cute farm. My parents still live on that farm and I’m lucky enough to share those same memories with my daughter, Rayne (rain).
My journey to photography began as a young girl with disposable cameras. In high school my dad bought me my very first digital camera and in college I dipped my toes in film photography and took an appreciation to the art even more. I learned composition, manual settings, and film development. I like to incorporate that timeless feel that film has into my current work. My edits are true to tone with a sprinkle of grain.
When I’m not photographing you can find me snuggled up on the couch reading a book or at the thrift store finding some treasure, as I like to call it. I am the queen of thrifting! My husband (Isaiah) and I are big on re-using, our home is a big collection of second hand treasures. We like to say we’re saving the earth ♡
Something that surprises most people is that my entire family (myself, my husband and daughter) all ride dirt bikes. We love to go camping at the desert and off-road/ ride our bikes. Riding my bike is therapeutic. When I am out there riding I am not thinking about anything else but the trails ahead of me. It’s an escape from anxiety, stress, and the outside world. The same way that riding my bike is an escape, is the same way that photography feels for me. It’s something that just feels right.
- I’m only 4’11 and I’m really good at basketball.
- I never skip my coffee in the morning.
- I started a book club (@ojaibookbabes) with my best friend.
- I ride a Honda CRF 125 dirt bike.
- I own a 1993 Ford Bronco.
- I have a one year old German Shepherd/ Black Lab doggy named Enzo.
- My cats name is Kiki (named after Kiki’s Delivery Service).
- My favorite movie is Spirited Away. I love all the Studio Ghibili movies!
- I love dancing like no one is watching.
- I listen to country, jazz, banda, corridos, R&B and reggaeton. My Spotify playlist is a little crazy haha
- Gilmore Girls and The Office are my comfort shows, especially when I’m editing.